Our Top Rated Overall Online Casinos in PA
- Licensed to play in the US
- Easy to use mobile applications
- Welcome bonus worth up to $2000
- Helpful customer support team on hand
- Fast withdrawals within 48 hours
- One of the best designed gambling mobile apps
- Excellent selection of slot games
- Perfect Harrah’s mobile app
- $10 free no deposit bonus
- Great Rewards Program
- Run by a respected provider
- Low wagering requirements casino
- Excellent mobile casino
- Pre-game and in-play betting
- Several welcome offers
- Mobile app for Android
- Free spins in welcome package
- Live dealer games available
BetBetter PA online casino guide reveals all the information regarding the types of bonuses, games, and providers available in the state. It also includes the available payment methods for deposits and withdrawals, the relevant laws and regulations, and features a list of all PA online casinos you can currently play in.
Gambling in Pennsylvania
Gambilng websites catering to Pennsylvanian players have to be properly licensed and regulated. The official gambling regulatory body in Keystone State is the PA Gaming Control Board (PGCB). The PGCB investigates the casinos that apply for its license to ensure their games are fair and they operate following gambling laws, including conducting the know your customer (KYC) checks.
PGCB (Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board)
Legal gambling age in PA
All operators on our list of PA online casinos have PGCB’s stamp of approval, making them perfectly legit and safe to play in. The PGCB also defines the minimum win rate, so you can be sure the games have a good return-to-player (RTP) percentage. We should also mention that all gambling websites in the state have partnerships with their land-based counterparts, well-established institutions with long track records.
Regarding taxation, Pennsylvania has one of the steepest tax rates. All online casinos must pay 54% for their revenues from online slots and 16% for table games and online poker. Because of that, the Keystone State is among the highest-grossing in financial influx from gambling.
In addition to the casinos’ revenues, the taxation applies to players’ winnings. The rate is 25%, or 28%, if you don’t provide your Social Security Number. This is the percentage taken by the IRS, which the casino deducts when you request a withdrawal. Moreover, an additional state tax applies to the winnings at the rate of 3.07%.
How We Find the Best Pennsylvania Online Casinos
Our in-house casino experts have years of experience in the iGaming industry, having played at and reviewed hundreds of PA casino sites. They thoroughly assess each site using a set of strict criteria, singling out the best operators in the process. Here are some of the most important factors they consider when conducting reviews:
- Licencing and security – Security is the absolute priority in online gambling. Because of that, our list of top PA online casinos includes only the properly regulated sites. On top of that, they need to implement the latest security protocols that protect the users’ data.
- Payout rate – In addition to offering high-quality games, a gambling operator should also choose good RTP settings. It affects the casino’s overall payout rate and gives players a better statistical chance of winning.
- Gaming portfolio – A good online casino should have a diversified gaming library covering slots, table games, and live casino games. Additionally, it should offer titles from recognized and well-established game developers, such as Big Time Gaming, NetEnt, and IGT.
- Bonuses and promotions – Bonus offers are a way for the casino to show how much it values its players. Therefore, we know we`ve found a good site when it has a rich promotional offer consisting of generous bonuses with reasonable terms and conditions.
- Payment options – A big part of playing in an online casino is depositing and withdrawing money. Thus, an operator should offer a wide range of convenient and secure payment methods and facilitate fast deposit and withdrawal transactions.
- Mobile software – Playing casino games on the go is an important factor in this day and age. Because of that, we recommend only those casinos with standalone mobile apps or at least offer a fully-optimized mobile website.
Our Ranking of PA Online Casinos 2023
Since late 2017, when online gambling in PA became legal, numerous casino brands have been trying to enter the market. Naturally, only the most reputable and trusted operators obtained the PGCB license. So, the Keystone State residents now have access to almost 20 gambling websites powered by some of the most well-established gambling companies. If you’re looking for the best online casino PA, feel free to choose any of the operators listed below. The top 10 PA gambling websites include:
FanDuel casino PA is one of the most influential gambling brands in the US and one of the top rated online casinos in PA. It started operating in 2009 as the first daily fantasy sports (DFS) operator in the country, and it is now a versatile gambling website featuring both a sportsbook and a casino. The casino has a generous welcome offer and a diversified gaming library featuring high-quality slots, table games, and live casino games. It also has a standalone mobile app for Android and iOS devices.
DraftKings is another casino operator that started in the daily fantasy sports market. It has since expanded its portfolio of services, and it now also includes a sportsbook and a casino. It launched its PA website in 2020, initially offering only a small number of slots and table games. However, it now has one of the most diversified gaming libraries with almost 800 titles. In addition to popular games provided by notable providers, the operator also offers a wide range of proprietary games you can’t find anywhere else.
Betway Casino is a European gambling operator that came to Pennsylvania in the summer of 2021 after partnering up with Live! Casino Hotel. It is currently known as one of the best Philadelphia online casinos. Although the brand is predominantly known for its sportsbook, it also has a stellar gambling website with a wide range of state-of-the-art slots and table games. Moreover, the casino is available on all sites as it has been optimized for Android and iOS mobile devices.
BetMGM is an online casino version of MGM — one of the US’s biggest and most reputable hospitality and entertainment companies. However, as it doesn’t have its land-based representative in Pennsylvania, the company has teamed up with Hollywood Casino to launch its online casino product. Its players have access to top-grade slots, table games, live dealer games, and exclusive titles, including lucrative promotions and a long list of payment methods.
Unibet is a long-standing European casino established in Sweden. It entered the Pennsylvanian online gambling market in 2019 through its partnership with Mohegan Sun Pocono. It features a good selection of popular slots, table games, and live casino games with a good offer of progressive jackpots. Players can also download the Unibet iOS and Android mobile apps and have a seamless online gambling experience on the go.
Caesars Entertainment is one of the US’s oldest and most highly-renowned gambling and hospitality companies. Its land-based casinos in Las Vegas and Atlantic City are among the most prominent gambling venues in the country. In addition, Caesars entered the online gambling realm after acquiring UK’s brand William Bet and launched its PA online casino thanks to its partnership with Turtle Creek Casino.
Stars Casino is a Pennsylvanian online casino version of PokerStars — a global leader in online poker. Stars Casino started through the operator’s partnership with Mount Airy Casino Resort, bringing a fantastic range of games and huge bonuses. New players can get a 200% boost on their first deposit and use the funds to play numerous slots and table games on their desktop, Android, and iOS devices.
Hollywood Casino is powered by Penn National, a Pennsylvania-native casino and racetrack operator. It was the first brand to enter the PA online gambling market. The operator’s gaming portfolio features high-quality slots from the best developers in the industry. It also offers a small collection of table games, some of which are available in a live dealer mode.
BetRivers is another Pennsylvania-native casino brand with well-established brick-and-mortar counterparts in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. The website boasts one of the most diverse gaming libraries in the market, and it was the first casino to offer live dealer games in the state. The brand also stands out for its player-friendly bonus terms as its welcome bonus has a wagering requirement of only 1x.
Borgata is another well-known US casino brand that guarantees high-quality online casino services. It came to Pennsylvania in 2021 through the partnership with Rivers Casino, as it doesn’t have its retail casino in the Keystone State. It boasts over 650 slot titles, more than 60 table games, and a small collection of live dealer games. It also has a designated poker client hosting exciting and lucrative tournaments.
Top Casino Games in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvanian online casinos offer real money gambling to their registered users to try out the games without risk. Their games also have modes that pay real money if the players want to get in on the action and try their luck.
Let’s take a look at all kinds of games you can find in these casinos:
Slot games are among the most popular online casino games. Pennsylvania casinos feature many of PA slot machines online, including three-reel slots and more modern titles with complex special features. Some of the most online slots PA include Wheel of Fortune and Cleopatra.
A real money online casino in Pennsylvania you want to play in likely has a good offer of table games. The titles you can find include variations of online roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and craps, among other games.
Online casinos in Pennsylvania commonly offer video poker titles. Some of the most popular ones include Tens or Better, Jacks or Better, Three Card Poker, Deuces Wild, and Five-Play Draw poker, to name a few.
Besides video poker, some gambling websites in PA also offer their poker clients. Sites like BetMGM, PokerStars, and Borgata enable using these platforms to play the most popular poker variants and participate in lucrative tournaments where you can win real money.
Live Dealer Games
This mega-popular type of casino game arrived in PA casinos relatively recently. The live casino lobby features games like roulette, blackjack, poker, baccarat, craps, and game shows streamed in real time. These titles also feature human dealers, creating an authentic casino experience. However, you can’t play these games in free-play or demo mode.
Pennsylvania online casino sites offer a wide range of bonuses and promotions for both new and existing players. These promotions come in different forms and with specific terms that determine the maximum bonus value, the wagering requirements, and the game type they apply to, among other things.
Here are the most common types of bonuses you can find in PA online casinos:
- Welcome bonuses — The best opportunity to add a sizable bonus to your bankroll is to make a big first deposit and take advantage of the signup bonus, as these promotions are usually the most generous in a casino. Operators offer these bonuses as incentives for players to sign up. They are only available to new US players, and they come as a first deposit matched 100% or as a combination of bonus money and free spins.
- No deposit bonuses — These promotions are some of the most enticing you can find because they don’t require depositing to claim them. They are aimed at new users and usually include a small amount of bonus money or free spins you can use on a specific game. No deposit bonuses can be considered free online gambling but still come with specific rules, such as wagering requirements. Here you can find list of PA online casino with no deposit bonus.
- Deposit bonuses — Deposit bonus promotions are meant for existing players after depositing a certain minimum amount. These are usually available daily or weekly and offer bonus money or free spins. Like other promotions, they come with certain terms and restrictions.
- Free spin bonuses — As their name suggests, these promotions bring a certain number of free spins or chips players can use on a certain game in the casino. The number of free spins differs depending on the casino and the specific promotion. These are some of the most commonly offered online casino bonuses.
- Loyalty bonuses — One of the best PA online casino offers is VIP and loyalty programs. These programs have players collect points for playing real-money games. Players can then use those points to climb the loyalty ladder and seize special rewards and bonuses.
- Referral bonuses — A referral bonus is another very common form of casino promotion. This promotion rewards players for recommending the casino to other players. Users usually receive the bonus after their referral creates an account and makes their first deposit.
- High roller rewards — High rollers are players who make large deposits and wager a lot of money on games. Because they bring a huge influx of revenue, casinos have special high roller bonuses for these players, usually offering large bonus amounts.
Casino Reward Programs
|Unibet PA Casino
|BetMGM PA Casino
|Caesars PA Casino
|DraftKings PA Casino
|Borgata PA Casino
|Borgata Online Rewards
|BetRivers PA Casino
|Hollywood PA Casino
|FanDuel PA Casino
Online Gambling Software Providers
Even though these licensed operators in PA have huge gaming portfolios, they don’t produce the games themselves. For gambling websites to be able to offer online casino titles, they need to partner up with development companies that create them. Then a certain game developer needs to have a license to offer their products in a specific jurisdiction.
Many notable game providers hold a valid PGCB license, but we must note that not all of these companies have partnerships with all PA casinos. Likewise, different providers focus on different casino games — some may produce only slots or live dealer games, whereas others are more versatile and have more diversified offers.
Some of the most prominent software providers whose games you can find in PA casinos include:
- Nextgen Gaming
- WMS Gaming
- Big Time Gaming
Real Money Online Casinos Apps
In addition to their desktop websites, most online casinos in the Keystone State also feature mobile versions. These can come as standalone mobile apps or simply as optimized mobile websites. Either way, most operators’ mobile software is available on Android and iOS devices like tablets and smartphones.
The main difference between casino apps and mobile websites is that the user must download the app, whereas they can access the mobile website via their browser. Mobile apps also have a slight advantage over mobile websites because they usually have faster response times and create a smoother user experience.
Moreover, some casinos also offer occasional app-specific bonuses as incentives for players to use these sites. In all other instances, The two kinds of mobile software are comparable. Players can use them to perform the same functions on the casino’s desktop website — play games, deposit and withdraw money, and claim bonuses, among other things.
PA Online Gambling Payment Methods
Players from Pennsylvania can use various payment methods to make online casino transactions. The options include various payment providers, including bank transfers, credit and debit cards, e-wallets, prepaid systems, and checks. However, we have to note that not all options are available on all websites, so you must ensure your preferred payment method is available before signing up.
Some of the most popular payment options available in PA online casinos include:
This payment method makes a direct money transaction between your bank account and your casino account. It can work for both deposits and withdrawals, and casinos usually use it as the alternative withdrawal method if your primary deposit option doesn’t support payouts. The downside of this banking option is that it can take several days to complete your transaction.
Unlike most e-wallets, bank transfers require sharing your banking information with the casino. However, the main advantage of this option is that it usually features higher deposit and withdrawal limits, making it suitable for high stake players. On the flip side, withdrawals via this method can sometimes take up to 10 days.
This payment option is the perfect compromise between the security of cash payments and the convenience of electronic money transfers. To deposit via PayNearMe, request a PayNearMe barcode from the casino and then use that barcode in a nearby partnering store to deposit money. Due to the nature of this payment method, it is only available for deposits.
Neteller is a popular e-wallet payment method. To use it, you need to fund your Neteller account using your credit card. Afterward, you can select Neteller from the list of available deposit options in the casino’s cashier and transfer the money to your casino balance. Like PayPal, Neteller removes the need to share your banking details with the casino. This banking option also supports withdrawals.
Cash at Casino Cage
Since all PA online casinos have partnerships with land-based gambling venues, it is possible to make deposits and withdrawals directly at these casinos’ cages. Visit the partnering casino in person, present your ID, and you can make a transaction right then and there.
Checks are a traditional option for funding a casino account, but they are also the slowest. If you decide to withdraw via check, you may have to wait for two or more weeks until it arrives. However, checks can be a good option for larger payouts.
This is one of the world’s most popular and widely-used e-wallets. It enables quick and straightforward payments to your casino account. PayPal’s main advantage is that it can act as an intermediary, so you don’t have to share your banking details with the casino. PayPal method is also available for casino withdrawal, provided that you’ve already deposited with it.
|Unibet Online Casino
|Up to 5 days
|BetMGM Online Casino
|Up to 5 business days
|PokerStars Online Casino
Up to 48 Hours
|2-8 Business Days
|Up to 5 business days
|PlayLive Online Casino
|BetRivers PA Casino
Can you play using a prepaid payment method? Of course! Play+ facilitates easy and fast casino transactions; users only need to top up their Play+ debit card and transfer money to their casino account. Players can also withdraw using this payment method, either via ATMs or electronically, using credit cards and bank transfers.
|Up to 48 Hours
|Up to 5 business days
Visa and Mastercard
Most online casinos in PA enable credit and debit card use, with Visa and Mastercard being the most commonly available options. These payment methods facilitate quick withdrawals, but payouts can take up to five days. Also, note that some banks don’t accept Mastercard online casino withdrawals.
PA Casino News
White Hat Studio Slot Games Are Available at Online Casinos in Pennsylvania
All-night Gaming Is Available Again at Valley Forge Casino