Best Pennsylvania Casino Apps
Our goal is to introduce some of these options and point you toward the best ones. This guide includes detailed information on different casino app bonuses you can take advantage of, games you can play, payment methods you can use, and more.
Our Top Rated Overall PA Gambling Apps
Legal Status of Casino Apps in Pennsylvania
Online and mobile casino gambling is legal in Pennsylvania. Casinos that want to be part of the legal PA gambling landscape must get a license from the PA Gaming Control Board (PGCB), the main regulatory body overseeing casino gambling in Pennsylvania. Every PA casino app licensed by the RGCB is legit and trusted.
Casinos will ask you to provide certain personal information and documents, which is part of the standard know your customer (KYC) protocol. All your data will be 100% safe with these casinos.
All licensed operators in Pennsylvania must pay revenue tax, depending on the games. Online slot revenue is taxed at 54%, while table games and poker revenue comes with a more nominal tax rate of 16%.
How to Find the Best Pennsylvania Casino Apps
Maybe a certain app has a slightly more valuable deposit bonus with looser conditions, or payments are processed quicker through a certain banking method the app offers. You also need to note the return-to-player (RTP) on a given casino and whether it offers progressive jackpots.
We covered these and many more topics when ranking the best Pennsylvania casino apps, so read on.
Top-Ranked Casino Apps PA
We ranked the apps listed below based on their average RTP, presence of popular games, size of the game library, available payment methods, and a few other performance indicators.
FanDuel Casino App
FanDuel is a successful daily fantasy sports platform that started offering casino gaming and sports betting. The operator features more than 380 games, including high-quality slots and exclusive live dealer games shot in a branded in-house studio.
Apart from the online casino, players from Pennsylvania can also enjoy FanDuel’s daily fantasy sports and online sportsbook. FanDuel has three retail sportsbooks in Pennsylvania — Live! Casino Pittsburgh, Valley Forge Casino Resort, and Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia.
DraftKings Casino App
DraftKings is FanDuel’s main competitor, not only in the DFS market but also in the sports betting and casino gambling space. It features more than 950 games, with over 850 being video slots. DraftKings also has 50 exclusive DK games and a set of various games rarely seen on other casino apps.
BetMGM Casino App
BetMGM is another hugely successful PA online casino app that arrived in the state in December 2020. The app features over 450 slots powered by studios like NetEnt, IGT, SG, Red Tiger, and others. More than a dozen slots come with progressive jackpots commonly worth over a million dollars. There are also plenty of table games, a live casino lobby, and a set of exclusive BetMGM titles.
Unibet Casino App
Unibet is mostly known for sports betting, but the operator’s casino app doesn’t lag behind its PA competitors in the slightest. You can choose between more than 200 video slots, several video poker variants, over a dozen table games, and live dealer games.
Some games are exclusive, while others are specifically themed to suit the Pennsylvania player base, such as the exclusive Eagles Online Slot and the Philadelphia Eagles Blackjack, for instance.
Caesars Casino App
Caesars arrived in Pennsylvania on April 23, 2020 and immediately established itself as one of the best mobile casinos in the state. Apart from around 120 slots and a few dozen RNG and live table games, players on the Caesars casino app can become a part of Caesars Rewards. This rewards program awards perks for playing online and provides benefits for the guests of their land-based resorts.
Stars Casino App
Stars is an online casino product of PokerStars, a well-known online poker room. It is a relatively small online casino available just in PA, NY, and MI. Stars allows you to wager on around 200 slots, over a dozen table games, and an exclusive live casino lobby with blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and poker.
A unique way in which Stars Casino keeps players engaged is through its set of daily and weekly tournaments called Races. In them, participants play various games to score points and compete for the main prize, which can sometimes total a few thousand dollars.
Hollywood Casino App
Hollywood Casino was the first to launch in PA in July 2019, but only with a limited number of games. It has since diversified its portfolio and now includes around 200 slots, over 20 table games, a live casino lobby, and a couple of video poker games.
Hollywood Casino also allows you to participate in the MyChoice rewards program and enjoy various perks online and at all Penn National Gaming locations nationwide.
BetRivers Casino App
BetRivers operates both a casino and an online sportsbook in Pennsylvania. With over 400 video slots from various renowned studios, a few dozen live and RNG table games, video poker, and specialty games like Slingo, the BetRivers PA app is worth your time and money.
Betway Casino App
Betway is another well-known sportsbook, but can you play casino games on its app? Absolutely! Betway added an online casino to its list of products in PA and NJ, and it’s home to a modest but quality collection of slots, table games, and video poker games. It’s also worth noting that Betway has a partnership with Live! Casino Philadelphia.
Borgata Casino App
Borgata is a famous Atlantic City casino that opened an online casino and poker room in several states, including PA. Its players can enjoy a wide assortment of slots and table games. Borgata also features a set of exclusives and games tailored to PA sports fans, like 76ers Blackjack and 76ers Roulette.
Types of Games in PA Mobile Casinos
All major cash casino games are allowed on casino apps in PA. These include video slots, table games, live dealer games, poker, video poker, and others. Online slot machines win the popularity contest, especially if they feature progressive jackpots. Traditional table games like blackjack and roulette don’t fall behind too much, and their live dealer versions have grown in popularity in recent years.
Here’s more about each main category of games you can find on top PA casino apps:
- Video slots: You’ll find that slot games represent the majority of almost every mobile casino. There are hundreds and sometimes even thousands of different slots on a casino app, ranging from simple three-reel slots to more complex titles with plenty of bonus elements. Quick pace, fun themes, and high reward potential characterize video slot games.
- Table games: These are all the games that you’ll find being played on a table in a brick-and-mortar casino. The most popular are blackjack and roulette, followed by baccarat, craps, and poker.
- Live dealer: Live casino games are table games played with a real dealer through a live stream instead of in a computer-generated environment. Apart from blackjack, roulette, and other casino classics, live dealer games include so-called game shows that combine casino gambling with the elements of television shows, like Wheel of Fortune. Unlike other casino games, live games aren’t available in free play (demo mode).
- Online poker: Poker is another casino classic, but don’t confuse it with live competitive poker. In the context of online casinos, you’ll find a set of poker variations that pin the player against a dealer (either a real or computer-generated one) instead of other players.
- Video poker: This category represents a set of single-player draw poker games where the goal is to get the best 5-card combination. Popular video poker variants on PA casino apps include Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, Joker Poker, and others.
- Blackjack: A famous race to 21 with the dealer and one of the rare casino games in which you can use a strategy to lower the house edge.
- Roulette: Roulette is another timeless classic that has you guessing the numbered pocket in which the ball will fall in through various bets. You can place your chips on an exact number or choose a whole group of numbers.
- Craps: You may think that the most social of all casino games loses its charm when you’re playing it online, but players can still find this table game on pretty much every PA casino app.
- Baccarat: This is James Bond’s favorite game and an ideal choice for beginners due to its straightforward rules and generous house edge with a steady win rate.
Types of Bonuses on PA Gambling Apps
No matter which gambling websites you choose, everyone will greet you with a welcome bonus, after which you can take part in various time-limited and ongoing promotions.
- Welcome Bonuses: A welcome offer is a promotion reserved for new US players on a casino app. Welcome bonuses usually come in the form of a deposit match, occasionally with some free spins on top.
- No Deposit Bonuses: Also called a signup bonus, this offer rewards new players as soon as they create an account. Here, no deposit is needed before using the bonus, although you need to complete wagering requirements and other conditions before cashing out.
- Deposit Bonuses: As indicated by the name, deposit bonuses are bonuses you earn once you complete a deposit. This is usually reserved for new players and their first deposit, but it can apply to regular players through specific promotions as well. A typical deposit bonus is a 100% match, meaning the casino will match your initial payment by giving you the equal amount in bonus credits.
- Free Spin Bonuses: Free spins are bonuses only available on specific slot games. Just like regular bonus free spins you earn inside the game, these promotional free spins require no stake on your part. What you win with the free spins is yours to take, as long as you meet the wagering requirements.
- Loyalty Bonuses: Online casinos use these to retain players by giving them a set of perks and benefits the longer they play. Several PA casino apps have multi-tiered loyalty programs you can progress through by playing. Rewards resulting from this program can include cash prizes, bonus credits, free spins, tournament entries, and more.
- Referral Bonuses: Another way an online casino might reward you is when you tell others about it. Namely, you will be eligible for a reward by sending a unique referral link to another person and letting them join and make a deposit. A typical referral bonus is $50, and most PA casinos allow you to take advantage of it multiple times.
- High Roller Rewards: The more you bet, the more money you are likely to leave to the casino, which is what the operator values in a player. That’s why many casinos have special rewards reserved for their high-roller customers.
PA Online Gambling App Software Providers
While some casinos have their own set of exclusive in-house games, most games you can find on PA casino sites and apps come from independent software providers. Some providers specialize in video slots, while others focus on the live dealer and table games.
The online gambling market is very competitive, giving birth to dozens of quality studios that supply the hungry industry. Out of all these studios, some are better than most, producing more titles, higher quality products, and innovative features, including the likes of:
- NextGen Gaming: NextGen is a veteran casino game developer that has been around since 1999. Although currently a part of Scientific Games, NextGen continues to work on new video slot titles, some of the most popular being King Kong Fury, Foxin’ Wins, 300 Shields, and Medusa.
- NetEnt: NetEnt is another renowned studio with hundreds of games in its catalog. The company is behind some of today’s most celebrated video slots, including Starburst, Twin Spin, Gordon Ramsey: Hell’s Kitchen, Gonzo’s Quest, and Guns N’ Roses, to name a few. Apart from video slots, NetEnt has a live casino library with blackjack, roulette, and other games.
- IGT: Plenty of PA casino apps feature games from the well-known IGT, a company that started in the 1990s and is known for dominating both online and land-based video slot production. You can easily find popular titles like Cleopatra, Irish Magic, Da Vinci Diamonds, Pixies of the Forest 2, and more.
- WMS Gaming: WMS has a relatively modest collection of around 150 slots. Some WMS titles you may stumble upon on PA casino sites include Raging Rhino, Zeus III, Spartacus: Gladiator of Rome, Invaders, and Amazon Queen. SG Gaming acquired the company in 2013 but still produces slots under its name.
- Big Time Gaming: BTG is mostly known for creating Megaways, a unique engine that modifies slot games to have random symbol positions and cascading reels. Besides producing their games, BTG lets other providers use their Megaways mechanics. That means you can see the studio’s fingerprints all over games from Bally, WMS, Blueprint, Red Tiger, and others.
- Evolution: Evolution is the heavyweight champ of live dealer games. The acclaimed studio has set standards in this particular category by releasing games like Infinite Blackjack, Lightning Roulette, a series of first-person games, and game shows like Gonzo’s Treasure Hunt, Monopoly Live, and Crazy Time.
PA Real Money Casino Apps
Every PA casino has a mobile-friendly website that you can use to access your account and play games anywhere in Pennsylvania. However, if smartphones or tablets are your primary gambling online devices, we recommend downloading an app, which most PA casinos have.
An app is superior to a mobile site in pretty much every way. It provides a smoother user experience, features more games, and is generally more functional than a website. The only real advantage of a mobile casino site over an app is that you are not required to download anything.
You can download top PA casino apps on both iOS and Android devices.
To download a PA casino app on your Android device, go to the Google Play store and type in the casino’s name. Download and install the app, load it up, and create an account or log in if you already have an account with that casino.
The process of playing on an iOS casino app is the same, and you need to go to Apple’s official store to download it. If you can’t find the app in the store, you’ll find a download link directly at the casino’s website.
Banking Methods Accepted on Real Money Casino Apps
Unless you’re looking for free online gambling, you’re surely interested in what payment options your Pennsylvania gambling app accepts.
While all payment options on licensed casino apps guarantee secure transactions, there are differences between them, like deposit and withdrawal limits, typical transaction times, and fees. Also, some methods for deposits might not be available for payouts and vice versa.
Here are most payment methods you can find on top-rated casino apps in PA:
- Play+: Play+ is a reloadable account that you can use on nearly all PA casino apps. They work similarly to credit and debit cards, the major difference being that you can withdraw your bankroll to the Play+ card.
- PayPal: PayPal remains the most popular e-wallets in the US, and it’s certainly popular among mobile casino players. This method allows for quick and secure payments with optimal limits and minimal charges.
- ACH/bank transfer: ACH is another popular online casino payment option. It is a network that connects two bank accounts characterized by high-level security, although its downside is that withdrawals take several business days to arrive.
- PayNearMe: PayNearMe is a way to deposit money into your online casino account at various locations around Pennsylvania. The relatively new MoneyLine service now also allows for PayNearMe withdrawals.
- Wire transfer: This is a standard electronic way of paying or receiving payments directly to and from your bank account.
- Visa and Mastercard: Credit and debit cards like Visa and Mastercard are the most commonly used method for making online casino transactions. They are quick, safe, and cheap to use and maintain. However, mind that you usually cannot withdraw the winnings back to your card.
- Neteller: Neteller is a digital wallet that lets you easily fund your casino account and make speedy cashouts.
- Check: There are usually two types of checks accepted on online casinos — a check by mail or an eCheck. In any case, while depositing and withdrawing in this way is very secure, it is also one of the slowest ways of transacting money.
- Cash at Casino Cage: If the online casino app you’re playing on has a land-based location in Pennsylvania, you’ll likely be able to make payments directly at that casino. This way, the payments are instant, but you must visit the casino physically.