PA Online Sports Betting
BetBetter will reveal all information about the top PA sportsbooks and the most common types of bonuses they offer.
Our Top Rated Overall Sportsbooks in PA
How to Find the Best PA Sportsbook?
- License availability. PA sports betting website is considered safe and trustworthy only if PGCB officially licenses it. If you come across a bookmaker that was licensed by any other authority, do not register and transfer any funds, as all your real money winnings will not be legal in PA.
- Bonuses and promos. Opt for a sports betting website not limited to a welcome bonus. Make sure you will have a chance to participate in daily and weekly promotions and receive beneficial rewards even after you register and make your first deposit.
- Betting apps. If you do not want to be limited to only one location when you are betting on sports, choose the bookmaker that has developed an application for iOS or Android devices. Besides, make sure the sports betting app download is free of charge.
- Betting options. It is great if the bookie allows you to place bets on your favorite sports and team. However, consider the platform that offers different types of sports for you to bet on so that you can try your luck by betting on other teams and sports events and make some profit.
- Payment methods. Sports betting platforms must provide various payment methods, including digital wallets, credit and debit cards, prepaid cards, etc. The more, the better. This way, you will not have to stick to one payment solution for all your deposits and withdrawals.
- Customer support. A reliable sports betting operator should take care of its users by providing bonuses and perks and by helping them solve disputes and technical issues they may encounter while using the website or the app. The customer support team should be available 24/7 via multiple communication channels like a hotline, email, live chat, etc.
- Odds. Do not neglect to check the odds offered by different sportsbooks. Only a careful comparison will allow you to register with the sportsbook that provides the most competitive odds for pre-match and in-game betting.
Best PA Sportsbooks for 2023
|SugarHouse Sportsbook||$250 deposit match||Rivers Casino Philadelphia||Kambi||05.31.2019|
|BetRivers Sportsbook||$250 deposit match||Rivers Casino Pittsburgh||Kambi||06.27.2019|
|Parx Sportsbook||$250 risk-free bet||Parx Casino||PlayTech||06.27.2019|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||$1000 No-Sweat First Bet||Valley Forge||IGT/GAN||07.22.2019|
|FOX Bet Sportsbook||$50 risk-free bet||Mount Airy||Stars Group||09.04.2019|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||$50 risk-free bet + $1000 deposit bonus||Hollywood Casino at the Meadows||SBTech||11.04.2019|
|Unibet Sportsbook||$10 free with no deposit + $500 risk-free bet||Mohegan Sun||Kambi||11.13.2019|
|Caesars Sportsbook||Up to $1250 on Caesars||Harrah’s Philadelphia||Scientific Games||03.10.2020|
|Barstool Sportsbook||$1000 risk-free bet||Hollywood Casino||Kambi||09.15.2020|
|BetMGM Sportsbook||$1000 risk-free bet||Hollywood Casino Morgantown||GVC Holdings||12.17.2020|
|Betfred Sportsbook||BONUS||Wind Creek Casino||Betfred||12.23.2020|
|Betway Sportsbook||BONUS||Live! Casino Philadelphia||GAN||06.28.2021|
|PointsBet Sportsbook||Two $2,000 free bets||Hollywood Casino York||PointsBet||02.07.2022|
Our team of experts has tested multiple sports betting platforms in Pennsylvania, considering such criteria as betting lines, banking options for deposits and withdrawals, welcome offers, and sports that you can wager on. Below you can find the list of the best PA online sportsbooks. Compare the websites and opt for a sports betting operator that complies with all your requirements.
This sports betting platform has been operating in PA since 2012. DraftKings provides competitive odds for every major sport, along with bet boosts and other perks. It’s also one of Pennsylvania’s first sportsbooks to offer future and prop bets. Gamblers may bet on sports using a generous signup bonus of free $50 that is granted after the registration + up to $1,000 in the form of a free bet for the first lost bet after the first deposit is made.
Established in 2018, this legit PA sports gambling platform offers a huge range of sports events for wagering, including international competitions and matches of college sports. What’s more, it welcomes new players with a No Sweat sports betting bonus that can reach $1000 as a risk-free bet. Similar to the welcome bonus offered by DraftKings casino, this bonus allows sports bettors to receive a refund for the first bet they lose within 24 hours after the registration.
FOX Bet Sportsbook
FOX Bet PA (licensed in 2018) offers a huge selection of bets among which there are totals (over/under), futures, player props and many others. The bookie will not match your first deposit; however, it will refund the amount of your first lost bet up to $500. American bettors have seven days to place their first wager and receive a free bet refund if they lose.
This PA betting operator has earned a great number of loyal bettors. New sports bettors can benefit from a $1,000 risk-free bet at Barstool Sportsbook today. The sportsbook has functional betting apps compatible with Android and iOS mobile devices that are free to download.
This bookie has been legally operating in the United States since 2019. PointsBet proposes about two hundred sports betting markets to choose from. While betting on different sports with PointsBet, American gamblers may count on competitive odds and odds boosts, diverse betting markets, and high payouts. Furthermore, the bookmaker grants all new gamblers a lucrative welcome gift of up to $2000 in risk-free bets.
Among PA sportsbooks, Unibet stands out due to an extensive range of special rewards for all bettors. Newly registered players can acquire a free bet reward of up to $500 for account registration. Moreover, players may get profit boosts and Happy Hour boosts on local teams. Unibet features a special loyalty program that allows PA gamblers to obtain a $10 reward for placing 5 or more live bets per week.
The licensed sportsbook enjoys a great reputation among PA bettors, giving them access to a wide choice of betting options. BetMGM can boast many special features like a Cash-Out option, high-quality live streams, and a vast selection of betting markets for in-game betting. The bookmaker offers a $1000 free bet to all new gamblers who register on the platform. It also proposes bet boosts on parlays where the size of the reward depends on the number of legs. The bookie also has highly functional sports betting apps for those bettors who prefer wagering on their mobile devices.
This reputable bookmaker in Pennsylvania covers dozens of sports competitions. BetRivers has both a desktop and a mobile version of the main website. The sports betting platform grants newcomers a 100% match deposit bonus that will match your first deposit up to $250. Other bettors may obtain a $10 free bet for wagering $25 on NHL matches.
This betting platform is among the most recognized PA online sportsbooks, thanks to its well-designed iOS and Android operating systems betting app. New bettors can acquire a 100% match deposit bonus of up to $1000. They can claim this bonus within thirty days after creating an account on the sports betting website or via the app. What’s more, the bookie gives players a 50% increase in payout if they place a winning parlay bet.
This Pennsylvania sports betting platform has worked legally since 2019. Parx Sportsbook covers all major sports tournaments and the most common types of bets. The bookmaker presents a nice signup reward, a free bet of up to $500. Parx Sportsbook is a great choice if you like to place live bets with high odds and watch the ongoing sports match simultaneously.
Most Popular Sports to Wager On in PA
There are quite a few sports events on which bettors may legally wager with PA sports books. Below we talk about the most popular sports leagues you can bet on.
NFL Betting in PA
It is the country’s most popular football league, comprising 32 clubs. The regular NFL season lasts 18 weeks (from September to January). Each football club plays seventeen games in the course of the season. Players who may bet on the most prominent teams are Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers. At PA sports gambling platforms, you can place basic bets like moneyline, over/under, or more complex wagers like parlays, futures, and prop bets.
NBA Betting in PA
National Basketball Association is a professional league that is composed of 30 teams. The season starts in October and lasts until April. Each team must play 82 games during the NBA season, 41 each home and away. The state of Pennsylvania is represented by a team called Philadelphia 76ers. Bettors from Pennsylvania may place outright prop bets and point spreads only if they are 21+ years old.
MLB Betting in PA
Major League Baseball league consists of 30 teams and is considered the oldest major league in the US and the world. The regular season lasts from April to October. During the season, each team must play 162 games. In the U.S., MLB games are broadcast on the Internet, radio, and television. Therefore, Pennsylvania sportsbooks can offer numerous options for pre-math and live wagering on sports teams, including Philadelphia Phillies.
NHL Betting in PA
NHL is a major hockey league in the USA comprising 32 teams. The regular season starts in April and ends in October. Overall, teams are required to play 82 games. The most admired hockey teams that players bet on most often in PA are Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins. Licensed Pennsylvania sports betting sites allow bettors to place various bets: moneyline, parlays and futures, totals, etc.
College Basketball Betting in PA
College sports attract the attention of thousands of PA bettors. They place point spreads, moneyline, and over/under bets on the 351 NCAA Division 1 teams via PA sports betting apps and websites. College basketball odds are usually available no later than the day of the game, but some PA sportsbooks provide them the day before.
College Football Betting in PA
It is legal to place wagers on college football at all officially regulated new PA sportsbooks. There is a distinction between the regular season and the postseason. In the postseason, sportsbooks may narrow their focus to just a few teams. As a result, the betting lines are infinitely more precise. Sports betting Pennsylvania sites and apps allow American gamblers to win real money by placing bets on the winner of the match, parlay, and future bets, as well as totals.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Pennsylvania?
Yes, sports betting has been legal in PA since November 2018. Pennsylvania is the seventh state that has officially legalized this activity in the United States. According to state law, PA sports books can provide services for betting on both professional and college sports events, but not high school sports and esports. Every gambler that registers with any licensed bookie must be at least 21 years old and physically present in the state. The PA online sports betting platform is considered legit and trustworthy only if PGCB issued a valid license.
To operate a sportsbook, one must pay a $10,000,000 license fee. Moreover, the bookmaker’s revenue is taxed 36%, the highest sports betting tax in America. The percentage is impressively high because the tax rate for New Jersey is 8.5%.
Various Sports Betting Bonuses
Sign Up Bonus
This bonus is offered only to new gamblers after account registration. Since sports betting websites have a strict sportsbook type skin policy, gamblers can create only one account per “skin”. Therefore, they may receive a welcome bonus only once. After successful registration, players are required to make their first deposit. The sportsbooks establish the minimum deposit limit; thus, users should always check it in the T&C section. The signup bonus is granted through bonus cash or free bets. For example, you may receive a 100% first deposit match bonus up to $300 or a certain amount of money in the form of a risk-free bet when the first wager you place loses.
American bettors highly appreciate cash bonuses, as they are more beneficial than free bets. As a rule, cash bonuses are available to gamblers as soon as they make their first deposit. However, bonus systems vary with the sports betting operators. Thus, cash bonuses may be a part of a VIP rewards program or as separate rewards for certain achievements (for example, 5 live bets placed by a gambler in one week).
It is quite rare for bookies to grant bonuses that are not tied to wagering requirements. If gamblers count on cash rewards and want to withdraw their winnings later, they need to be prepared to wager bonus cash a certain amount of times (10x, 20x, 30x, etc.).
No Deposit Bonus
The best sportsbook promotions PA include no deposit bonuses, as sportsbooks offer them to attract new potential customers. Such bonuses create a great opportunity for bettors to familiarize themselves with betting options the bookie offers and see whether this operator is exactly what they are looking for. To become eligible for a no deposit bonus, bettors must create an account and verify their identity. As soon as the bookmaker confirms the gamblers’ identity, age, and physical location, the bonus will automatically appear on their bonus page. Unlike welcome offers, no deposit sports betting bonuses are not that generous. However, all the winnings gamblers obtain with the help of bonus cash or free PA bets can be later transferred to their bank accounts.
This sportsbook bonus offer targets existing gamblers who regularly make deposits. Reload bonus is not granted for the first deposit but for any other deposit made afterward. Sportsbooks establish the size of the reload bonus. The larger the deposit, the more generous the reload bonus. Such a reward is a great way to support loyal bettors and encourage them to place more bets.
Free Bet Bonus
This type of reward allows bettors to earn real money without risking their funds. Free bets may be granted as a separate bonus or part of a bonus package. A free bet is often offered for a certain amount ($10, $50, etc.) to be wagered in full. As with any other sports betting bonus, free bets are subject to wagering terms, and we recommend you to check them in the T&C section carefully. Bonus bets allow gamblers to try out diverse betting strategies and adjust them if necessary.
VIP programs featured by PA sports betting sites and apps are automated tracking systems that trace gamblers’ activity and issue rewards based on it. When American gamblers place bets, they earn points that allow them to progress through various VIP levels that unlock bonuses, profit boosts, and other perks. The more money is wagered, the more points bettors accumulate.
Users can exchange the gained points for cash prizes and site credits. Some sportsbooks may incorporate crossover rewards into their land-based sportsbooks and casinos. Bettors may earn points online and redeem them for in-person rewards when they visit the sportsbook establishment next time.
High Roller Bonus
This kind of reward PA betting platforms propose to those gamblers who make large regular deposits. Those gamblers are referred to as high rollers. The high roller bonus operates similarly to any other deposit bonus. To become eligible for this promo, the player must make a single deposit of a certain amount. Wagering requirements are very low or absent for this bonus as sportsbooks put a lot of effort into attracting bettors and keep them playing for as long as possible.
Types of Bets at PA Online Sportsbooks
Pennsylvania sports betting platforms offer a wide range of bets to ensure bettors with different levels of wagering skills can earn some profit. Below we briefly describe the most popular types of bets available to American sports gamblers. Read on and see what wagers are the most suitable for you.
- Futures. These bets are also referred to as long-term because bettors should predict the winner of the entire tournament or championship. As such events consist of numerous games and feature many teams, thorough pre-wagering research is required. It means that bettors must compare the odds offered for each team, check the statistics and history of the previous matches, etc. The odds are very high; however, it may take months for gamblers to get the sports betting results.
- Early cash-out. Cash Out means that bettors can return their money on their bet at any time during the event, not just when it ends. Cash Out is a common feature of live wagering. The amount of money that gamblers may get back varies depending on the betting markets and the sportsbook you are wagering with.
- Totals (over/under). This type of bet is considered the second most popular type of wager after moneyline. The bet is placed on the number of special indicators. It could be several total points, goals, corners, yellow cards, etc. Before the match starts, the sportsbook provides the established number, and gamblers must predict whether the overall amount of goals or points will be over or under the shown number.
- Parlays. This is a kind of bet that allows you to merge a few bets into one wager. For a parlay bet to win, all the predictions must be accurate. If you were wrong about one outcome, the whole bet loses. Parlay is profitable as all the odds are multiplied; however, it may be challenging to simultaneously make a correct guess regarding 3 or more different outcomes.
- Round-robin bets. A round-robin bet is a parlay or teaser with three or more legs, in which you wager a few smaller combinations, including your selections, rather than one large must-win bet. The profit is contingent upon the number of selections that a bet comprises. What makes this bet different from others is that players will not lose the entire stake if one selection turns out to be wrong. The program will recalculate the number of winnings according to the remaining selections.
- Same-game parlays. With this type of bet, gamblers may combine and place different bets in one match. It means they may place outright, total, and handicap bets on one game, combining them into one same-game parlay bet on the PA sports betting website.
- Live bets. Live wagers are placed on sports events that have already started. The majority of PA betting sites allow bettors to place wagers while they are watching the ongoing match. Live betting odds are higher than the pre-match ones, as they tend to change based on the matches’ events. Live wagers are more suitable for experienced bettors as they require deep game knowledge and the ability to adjust the betting strategy quickly.
- Player props. These bets are placed not on the match outcome but on individual players achieving a set number of statistics during the match. The advantage of a player prop bet is that even if the team isn’t performing well, the player you bet on may still provide excellent performance, giving you a chance to win.
- Point spreads. This type of PA bets is also called handicap (or the runline in baseball) because it is a wager placed on the margin of victory in a sporting event. It’s the most popular bet type on basketball and football matches. For your bet to be successful, the perceived stronger team must win by a certain number of points/runs/goals. It is possible to bet on the underdogs as well. However, in this case, the weaker team must lose.
- Team props. The main focus of such bets is on a team’s performance during the match. Over/under, moneylines, and Yes/No formats are the most common variations of team prop bets. Such bets are more suitable for experienced bettors that take their time to conduct pre-betting research and find out about the teams and players as much as possible.
- Moneyline. Also known as a straight bet, it is the easiest wager that can be placed by sports betting amateurs. Since they need to predict the winner of the match, it is not necessary to previously check the teams’ statistics and their performance during previous matches. Bettors can simply compare the odds of each competing team and place a bet accordingly.
- Teasers. In sports betting, a teaser is one of the variations of a parlay wager. A teaser bet allows gamblers to alter the point spread for a selected match. In exchange, Pennsylvania sportsbooks reduce their winnings in case of a successful bet. A two-team, six-point football teaser is the most common in PA.
Betting via Android and iOS Apps
Nowadays, many American gamblers prefer enjoying PA sports betting online by using their smartphones and tablets. Therefore, Pennsylvania sportsbooks develop mobile applications for Android and iOS devices that users can download for free. Even though sports betting is very popular in the United States, it has been legalized only recently. That is why finding the proper PA sports betting app may not be easy. As an alternative, bettors may use the mobile version of sports betting websites that are not less convenient. Below we compare these two options. Check the table we provide and decide which variant suits your requirements best.
|High compatibility with multiple devices.||It cannot efficiently leverage all features of your smartphone or tablet.|
|Easy access to sports betting options offered by the sportsbook.||Mobile browser requires a good Internet connection.|
|Available for both operating systems.||It has a single-window restriction.|
|No installation is required.|
|It does not need regular updates.|
|Browser does not take up RAM storage of your device.|
|Sports Betting Apps|
|Adapts to screens of all sizes.||Requires downloading and regular updates.|
|Portable and convenient to use.||Occupies space on your Android and iOS device.|
|Easy logins with Face and Touch ID.|
|Smooth operation with no errors and bugs.|
|Push notifications about ongoing promos and sports betting results.|
|Features app-oriented exclusive bonuses and promotions.|
|High quality graphics.|
|Works with a poor Internet connection.|
If you are an Android device user, you must know that it will be challenging for you to download betting apps from Google Play Market. Its policy forbids applications that promote real money wagering of any kind. However, you may still place legal sports bets on the go by downloading the APK file for the PA sports betting app. You can do it by taking these simple steps:
- Open the main website of the preferred sportsbook.
- Find a section that is dedicated to mobile betting apps.
- Pick the icon for Android app download and click on it.
- Before initiating the APK file download, you need to allow the app installation from unknown sources in your Android smartphone or tablet setting.
- Install the downloaded APK file on your device.
- Once it is installed, launch the mobile program to make sure the app is compatible with your device.
If you want to download an application for iPhone or iPad, you have more options than the users of Android devices. You can download the app from the official website of the sportsbook of your choice if you do the following:
- Go to the official site of the sports betting operator.
- Find the section with mobile betting apps.
- Pick the app version for iOS and click “Download”.
- You will be redirected to the App Store.
- Make sure that in the setting of your Apple ID, you chose the correct region. Otherwise, you may not be able to install the sports betting app.
- Press “Get”.
- After successful installation, you may open the mobile application to create an account or log in.
To save time, you can download betting apps directly from the App Store by typing in the the app’s name in the search bar.
Banking Methods Available in PA Online Sportsbooks
The best PA sportsbooks offer a wide variety of methods for deposits and withdrawals to ensure that every bettor will find a convenient payment option. PA sportsbooks allow PA bettors to use different payment solutions for deposits and cash-outs, which gives them more freedom in making online transactions. Banking methods available at PA sports gambling sites may vary. However, there are common solutions that are available on all sports betting sites in Pennsylvania, namely:
- Play+ card
- Digital wallets (PayPal, Neteller, Skrill)
- ACH/Bank Transfers
- Wire Transfers
- Visa, MasterCard and American Express debit cards
- Cash Casino Cage
The process of making a deposit is straightforward. Gamblers must log in to their account via the website or sports betting app. Then, they should go to the Cashier or equivalent page and click the “Deposit” or “Withdraw” button. Bettors should go through the list of available payment methods and select the preferred one. After that, they must enter the amount of money they want to add or transfer from their sports betting account and confirm the transaction.
To avoid any issues with deposits and withdrawals, we recommend reading the Terms & Conditions section. It contains useful information about minimum and maximum limits for each transaction and payment method.