New Online Casinos in Pennsylvania
It ...is just the tip of the iceberg, as more top-quality casino apps are expected to hit the scene. According to state law, the PA Gaming Control Board (PGCB) can grant up to 39 licenses, so plenty of permits are up for grabs. As the competition between online casino brands intensifies, players will have bigger bonuses at their disposal and a more comprehensive selection of games to choose from.
This page is a one-stop shop for everything to do with new Pennsylvania online casinos. We’ve covered you with information on bonuses, games, providers, payment methods, and PA laws governing online casino gaming.
Newest Online Casinos
Foolproof Ranking System to Pinpoint the Best New PA Online Casinos
Considering the breadth of choices, we had to devise a selection system that would allow us to identify the most elite Pennsylvania casino apps and grade them accordingly. Here are the criteria we used in our vetting process:
- Licensing and regulation — Choosing online casinos involves some give and take, but when it comes to the safety of our readers, we make no compromises. Hence, we only consider state-regulated sites approved and overseen by the PGCB. In unregulated, offshore casinos, players have no recourse if things go south, which is why we dismiss them.
- Win rate — Your long-term win rate on a casino game will largely depend on its inherent RTP. For this reason, many players gravitate towards single-deck blackjack tables or Jacks or Better. However, few casinos offer these low-house-edge casino games. Those that do should be your top choice.
- Ongoing deals — It is common for the newest PA online casino sites to offer a range of benefits to existing customers. However, not all operators are equally generous in this regard. The math is pretty simple — the more promotional offers for recurring users, the better. It would be great if the casino offered a loyalty program as well.
- Game variety — The quality of a casino’s gaming portfolio heavily influences how players perceive it. This criterion, however, can be subjective and depend on your preferences. Regardless of what type of games you’re into, your chosen online casino should offer at least the same number of titles as its competitors, preferably more. The selection should run the gamut, from video poker to craps and progressive jackpots.
- Payment options — Nearly all new online casino PA 2023 sites support a similar range of payment methods, with many trusted banking options available for deposits and withdrawals. Yet, there is a discrepancy in how quickly payouts are processed. Some casinos facilitate withdrawals within 24 to 48 hours of your request, while others require several days.
- Intro promo — In most cases, players decide on an online casino based on its first deposit bonus, and that’s a legit consideration. However, size does not always indicate the bonus’s actual value. You should always read the signup bonus’s fine print to ensure you’re getting the most bang for your buck. If you have to jump through too many hoops, you won’t be able to squeeze out much promotional value.
- Mobile app functionality — Most new PA online casinos offer standalone mobile apps for iOS and Android. We test each one carefully to ensure they meet the high optimization standards expected by our readers. The app must provide a strong user experience on any device to earn our approval.
Newest PA Online Casinos 2023: Rated and Reviewed
We’ve tracked down the top 10 best new Pennsylvania online casinos using the above system. The sites were benchmarked according to key performance indicators — RTP, popular games offered, the total number of games available, payment method availability, and more.
Here are mini-reviews of each operator and its key features to help you narrow the field down to just one.
The legendary FanDuel casino first opened its doors in Pennsylvania. It gained market access via a deal with Valley Forge Casino Resort. FanDuel offers the best UX and one of the most competitive bonuses for new players in PA. The site features a varied library with more than 380 games in total, including slot games, blackjack, and live dealer tables.
- Exceptional user interface.
- Fantastic range of ongoing promotions.
- 24-hour payouts.
DraftKings is one of the best all-around gambling websites in Pennsylvania. Through its shared wallet, you can enjoy online casino games, sports betting, and DFS with just one account. The online casino comprises 300+ titles from industry-leading providers, including IGT and Evolution Gaming. You’ll reap the benefits of Dynasty Rewards as you play — a tiered loyalty program that unifies perks across all DK verticals.
- Biggest welcome offer in PA.
- Fantastic loyalty program.
- Lots of in-house (unique) games.
Roar Digital-powered BetMGM is one of the newest PA online casinos, having been the 13th gaming option to open in the state. It secured market access thanks to a partnership with Hollywood Casino. BetMGM is unmatched regarding game variety, with more than 520+ titles available. The proprietary progressives steal the spotlight, offering six-digit jackpots to lucky players.
- Huge progressive jackpots.
- Various exclusive titles.
- Wide range of funding options.
Global gambling giant Unibet PA has its roots in Europe. Its official gaming partner in Pennsylvania is Mohegan Sun Pocono. Unibet became the country’s first sports-themed casino app after partnering with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles. A handful of options from this niche are available, from Steelers-branded live blackjack to Eagles-themed online slots. Otherwise, offers around 230 slots, table games, and live dealer games.
- Exclusive sports-themed games.
- No deposit bonus.
- Generous cashback program.
Caesars is unmatched in brand recognition in the US gambling industry. Thus, it shouldn’t be surprising that it has the most extensive game library of all of the new PA online casino sites, with 257 titles available. The casino lets you try evergreen classics like Cleopatra and Dancing Drums in demo mode. Players can exchange the benefits they acquire in the Caesars Rewards program at the operator’s land-based facility in PA — Harrah’s Philadelphia.
- Generous signup bonus.
- 24/7 support.
- Various casino online poker options.
Stars Casino PA is owned by Flutter, making it a sister site to FanDuel. It went live in Pennsylvania at the end of 2019, thanks to a partnership with Mount Airy Casino. The site features a medium-sized library and a robust cashier that offers trusted payment methods like Visa, PayPal, and Skrill. Its video poker selection is awe-inspiring, with 10+ single-hand varieties on offer.
- Great range of video poker games.
- Sleek and modern interface.
- Number of exclusive titles.
Hollywood Casino was the trailblazer in PA, kicking off the market on July 15, 2019. It’s owned by local Penn National, giving it the recognition boost it needs to compete against other heavy hitters. Hollywood Casino boasts a growing game catalog with 100+ releases. It’s one of the select few new PA online casino sites offering Single-hand blackjack, with the highest return-to-player (RTP) rate of all online casino games.
- Excellent card and table games selection.
- Free signup bonus for new US players from PA.
- Steady stream of promotions for existing customers.
BetRivers is affiliated with Rivers Casino in Philadelphia, allowing it to have a presence in PA. It’s home to a versatile gaming program with oddball options like Slingo. Regular promos are available weekly, including the flagship slot tournaments. Fans of live dealer games can get in on the action at Evolution Gaming-powered tables featuring baccarat, roulette, blackjack, and online poker.
- Highly optimized iOS and Android casino apps.
- Impressive range of promotions.
- Premium loyalty program.
Betway Casinos hit the Keystone State market in July 2021, making it one of the newest online casino PA sites. It’s one of the largest gambling brands in Europe and is poised for similar success in the States. Its range of card and table games is hard to beat. Casual players can take a crack at Micro Stakes Blackjack, where minimum bets start at $0.50. French Roulette and Diamond Series Craps are also in the mix — something not many sites can boast about.
- Ultra-responsive casino app.
- Versatile betting range for table games.
- Big first deposit bonus.
Borgata operates under the umbrella of Roar (a joint venture between MGM Resorts and Entain), so it’s a sister site to BetMGM. It features a similar game collection and bonus roster as BetMGM, including 20+ progressive jackpot slots that can pay over $1 million on a given spin. The titles come from a long list of game provider studios, including NetENT, Bally, Konami, and SG.
- Great selection of withdrawal payment methods.
- Stellar brand reputation.
- Array of jackpot games and exclusives.
Barstool was the 16th online casino to launch in Pennsylvania. It’s a sister site to Hollywood Casino, featuring a similar selection of games. Barstool has an intuitive platform with a user-friendly layout and handy filters to ease navigation. It offers several branded games, including Barstool slots and Barstool blackjack, with a max bet of $5,000 per hand.
- User-friendly online casino.
- Top-notch live dealer offerings.
- Lots of classic slots.
BetPARX (Formerly Parx)
BetPARX is the rebranded version of the Parx online casino. It launched in Pennsylvania in March 2023. Players of this new PA online casino receive a superb experience on desktop and mobile devices thanks to Playtech’s backend software. The revamp included many enhancements, including an expanded gaming library, a better mobile app, and PayPal added to the mix of payment methods.
- Great Android app.
- Superb UX across the board.
- Excellent welcome bonus.
Having dropped BetAmerica's name, Churchill Downs launched TwinSpires' online casino in order to leverage the brand's widespread recognition. A well-versed game library and a user-friendly UX make this site a strong contender in Pennsylvania. The high-limit section is a good fit for high rollers, featuring a range of IGT slots, video poker games, and two RNG table games — baccarat and roulette. You can make payments to and/or from your TwinSpires casino account in person, via the casino cage at Presque Isle Downs & Casino or online, via mainstream methods like Skrill, ACH, and Visa.
Wide range of banking methods
PointsBet entered the PA market as the 18th casino app in the state. It’s affiliated with Penn National Gaming and Hollywood Casino York. Since its launch in the US, PointsBet has shown a knack for innovation repeatedly and made a name for itself with its signature PointsBetting product. While the game selection is small compared to PA's heavy hitters, new games are regularly added, so we expect PointsBet to catch up quickly.
Competitive welcome bonus
Lucrative loyalty program
Breakdown of Newest Online Casino Games in PA
|BetRivers Casino||Hollywood Casino||PokerStars Casino||BetMGM Casino|
|Double Bullseye Jackpot||Double Bullseye Jackpot||Jumanji||Jumanji|
|Slingo Classic||Zeus God of Thunder||Lion Storm||Gonzo’s Quest Megaways|
|Flaming Fox||Codex of Fortune||Stars Classic||76ers Blackjack|
|Thunderstruck||Dancing Drums||Frog of Fortune||Cleopatra|
|Bonanza Blast||All Aboard Dynamite Dash||Cobra Cash||Bison Fury|
|Kitty Glitter||Wheel of Fortune Extreme Spin||The Imperial Kitchen||Tiger Lord Imperial|
|Disco Danny||Monopoly Mega Movers||Flamin’ Elle||Wheel of Fortune Triple Extreme Spin|
|Respin Rhino||$10,500 Cash Machine||Davy Jones Riches||Monopoly Lunar New Year|
|Lightning Horseman||Cleopatra Gold||Wild Wild West: The Great Train Heist||Mirage Mega Magma|
|Treasures of the Pyramid||88 Fortunes||Thunder Bear||Golden Wins Deluxe|
Every PA casino app offers a specific selection of games, so the exact number of titles varies from site to site. Online casinos can legally provide all mainstream gaming categories, so the selection is generally quite varied. Here is a rundown of the types of games you can play in the new Pennsylvania online casinos:
- Online slots PA: Slots are the dominant game category in PA casino apps. Their appeal stems primarily from their versatility. There is a wide range of options, from three-reel slots to modern adaptations with interactive gameplay elements (see Megaways slots). Some slot releases come with monster progressive jackpots, although these games’ return-to-player (RTP) rate is typically lower.
- Live dealer: Live dealer games are taking the online casino industry by storm, and PA casinos adapted quickly to this burning trend. Real croupiers facilitate the gameplay, and the action is filmed in actual casino studios, so the experience feels real. Table game minimums are lower than in PA land-based casinos. At some baccarat and blackjack tables, you can play for as little as $1.
- Table games: New PA casino sites offer varieties of casino classics that you won’t find in person. All games are random number generator-powered, ensuring fairness.
- Online poker: Pennsylvania has a thriving online poker scene that plays home to several top-tier poker rooms. Additionally, PA gambling websites offer casino poker games such as Three Card Poker, wherein you compete against the dealer instead of other players.
- Video poker: Jacks or Better and Deuces Wild are the two most commonly offered video poker variants on PA sites, but some quirky spin-offs are also available. IGT’s Game King and Ultimate X multi-game platforms are widely adopted.
- Blackjack offerings spread far and wide in PA casino apps in both RNG and live dealer formats. Zappit Blackjack, Blazing 7s Blackjack, and Blackjack Xchange are among the popular versions.
- Online roulette: Roulette options typically come down to several European Roulette variants, including unique iterations like 25c roulette.
- Craps: Of all the newest online casino games in PA, Craps is the most difficult to find. The game was briefly pulled out of the market at some point. Still, First Person Craps from Evolution Gaming is a staple in many casino apps.
- Baccarat: Online baccarat fans are spoilt for choice in Pennsylvania. Wager options range from No Commission Baccarat to Live Baccarat with a $1 min bet.
Legal PA Online Casinos: Overview of the Laws and Regulations
Pennsylvania legalized online casinos in October 2017 when Gov. Tom Wolf signed HB271. Logistical issues delayed the launch of the market by two years. Hollywood Casino was the first app to launch on July 15, 2019. More than a dozen operators have since joined.
The law mandates that new Pennsylvania online casinos partner with a land-based casino in the state.
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board is responsible for overseeing online casinos. The regulator conducts pre-licensing audits of applicants, including checks of their RNGs and security systems.
Steep taxes and a high entry barrier are two of the main reasons why PA’s online casino market has taken so long to get off the ground. Licensing fees are an abysmal $10 million, while taxes vary between games. Casino apps are subject to a 54% tax for GGR on slot games, which leaves little room for profit margin. To play in PA online casinos, you must be 21 or older and located inside state lines.
Bonus Offers in New PA Online Casino Sites
As the backbone of online casino marketing, bonuses are the most effective way of attracting new customers and maintaining existing ones. Promotional offers differ significantly in size and quality, and each targets a specific type of player.
Here’s a snapshot of the different types of new bonuses in Pennsylvania for new and returning users:
- Welcome bonuses — These are money or chips that are given to you by an online casino once you make your first deposit or register. It’s a one-time thing offered exclusively to newcomers. You’ll often come across a first deposit bonus matched 100%, which means that for every dollar you put in your account, you’ll get $1 in promo bucks, up to the monetary cap.
- No deposit bonuses — Free online gambling cash you’ll get on the house merely for registering. Although it will not boost your bankroll much, it can help you get used to the casino, and you can also win real money.
- Deposit bonuses — Often referred to as “match bonuses,” these promotions provide a bonus amount that matches a percentage of your deposit up to a specified threshold.
- Free spin bonuses — These deals target slot players and can be offered via a welcome package or for existing customers. Either way, they allow you to spin the reels of a particular slot game for free.
- Reward multipliers — Some new PA casino apps run special promotions that allow players to accrue loyalty points faster.
- Loyalty bonuses — These incentives are given through the casino’s loyalty program. Loyalty perks may include free play spins, cashbacks, personalized offers, and more.
- Referrals — This bonus rewards you for bringing your friends to the casino.
- High roller bonuses — High roller bonuses are designed for VIP players who have deposited large amounts of money into their accounts.
PA Online Gambling Software Providers
New online casino PA sites source their gaming content from multiple game developer studios, ensuring diversity and quality. Each vendor has its approach to development and distinct specialization, resulting in various gamification options for players.
Here are the most notable providers you’ll find in new Pennsylvania casinos:
- NextGen: NextGen has been supplying visually impressive slots for casinos since 1999. This brand provides casino games, white label, and aggregation solutions.
- NetEnt: One of the leading slot providers worldwide. The progressives Divine Fortune and Mercy of the Gods are major attractions in every NetEnt-powered casino in PA. NetEnt slots are known to have cutting-edge visuals and advanced gameplay features like Cascading Reels, which the company pioneered.
- IGT: IGT is a brand that needs no introduction among US casino-goers. The company made a name for itself in the land-based sector and adapted many of its biggest hits for online play, like Wheel of Fortune.
- WMS Gaming: WMS is one of the longest-running providers in the world, dating back to the 1940s. Its most popular titles include Raging Rhino, Queen, and Montezuma.
- Big Time Gaming: BTG is the inventor of the Megaways gameplay engine, which numerous providers adopted. Its games are known to boast huge max payouts, often exceeding 10,000x the stake.
Free and Real-Money New Pennsylvania Casinos Apps
Pennsylvania’s top brands have developed dedicated apps for players to enjoy real cash casino games on the go at a more personalized level than their browser-based platforms. Here are some of the main features of both types:
- Android: Compared to their iOS counterparts, Android casino apps offer a larger variety of games and are more accessible. Playability is similar between Android and iOS.
- iOS: iOS games tend to have crisper visuals but otherwise provide the same smooth gaming experience as Android apps.
Banking Methods Available in New PA Online Casino Sites
These are the most common methods:
- Play+ — Most casino apps have their proprietary versions of Play+. These prepaid cards act as intermediaries between your banking institution and the casino. Play+ processors are known for speedy cashout processing times.
- PayPal — The leading e-wallet service that provides a safe and fast option for transferring funds in new online casinos in PA.
- ACH/bank transfer —The bigger deposit and withdrawal limits make this a favorite of high rollers. However, it processes withdrawals more slowly than other methods.
- PayNearMe — A low-cost, deposit-only method that comes with smaller limits. You fund your account at various CVS Pharmacy, 7-Eleven, and Family Dollar stores across PA.
- Wire transfer — Ideal banking option for VIPs and premium players due to its high transaction limits.
- Visa and Mastercard — These two credit/debit card processors are available in nearly all new PA online casino sites. All transactions are highly secure. You can use them for both deposits and withdrawals.
- Neteller — An e-wallet provider that works the same way as PayPal, though many PA casino apps do not support it.
- Check — Personal checks are sent to or from the casino site/affiliated land-based casino for deposits and withdrawals. Cashouts may take up to 12 days.
- Cash at casino cage — This is the most efficient way of transferring funds, but you must go to the casino’s partner venue to pick up the cash/deposit in person.